Meeting of the Commission of Fine Arts
21 September 2006
10:00 A.M. CONVENE, Suite 312, 401 F Street, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20001-2728
A. Approval of minutes:
B. Dates of next meetings:
C. Report on the action taken by the National Capital Planning Commission on the design guidelines for the proposed Vietnam Veterans Memorial Visitor Center.
D. Report on the inspection of objects the Freer Gallery of Art proposed for acquisition in July 2006.
II. Submissions and Reviews
1. Appendix I - Direct Submission Consent Calendar
2. Appendix II - Shipstead-Luce Act Submissions
3. Appendix III - Old Georgetown Act Submissions
B. National Park Service
CFA 21/SEP/06-1, National Dwight D. Eisenhower Memorial. Site selection. Proposed location at the intersection of Maryland and Independence Avenues, between 4th and 6th Streets, S.W. Final.
C. Department of the Treasury / U.S. Mint
1. CFA 21/SEP/06-2, Congressional Gold Medal to the Tuskegee Airmen. Design for a gold medal and bronze duplicates. Final.
2. CFA 21/SEP/06-3, Medal for Secretary of the United States Treasury, John W. Snow. Design for a bronze medal and duplicates.
D. Department of Homeland Security
CFA 21/SEP/06-4, National Capital Region Rail Pilot Project. Rail security along 8.1-mile rail corridor in the Capital Region. Virtual fence, and gates. Final.
E. District of Columbia Public Schools
CFA 21/SEP/06-5, The School Without Walls (formerly the Grant School), 2130 G St N.W. Renovation and additions. Revised concept. (Previous: CFA 20/APR/06-11)
F. District of Columbia Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs
1. S.L. 06-155, 400 7th Street, SW. The Nassif Building (U.S. Department of Transportation Headquarters). Building renovation, perimeter security, and building lighting. Revised concept. (Previous: S.L. 05-095, seen 15 September 2005)
2. S.L. 06-151, Lafayette Tower, 801 17th Street, N.W. New eleven-story office building. Revised concept. (Previous: S.L. 06-056, 20 April 2006)
Freer Gallery of Art, Objects proposed for acquisition.
Last Modified: October 4, 2006