Meeting of the Commission of Fine Arts
Agenda with Links to Letters
15 February 2007
10:00 A.M. CONVENE, Suite 312, 401 F Street, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20001-2728
A. Approval of minutes:
B. Dates of next meetings:
C. Announcement of the Charles Atherton Memorial Lecture on April 10, 2007; and the "Framing A Capital City" symposium on April 11, 2007.
II. Submissions and Reviews
Appendix I — Direct Submission Consent Calendar
Appendix II — Shipstead-Luce Act Submissions
Appendix III — Old Georgetown Act Submissions
B. National Park Service
1. CFA 15/FEB/07-1, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. National Memorial. Independence Avenue, S.W. at the northwestern rim of the Tidal Basin. Inscriptions and sculptural elements. Concept. (Previous: CFA 18/JAN/07-2)
2. CFA 15/FEB/07-2, Georgetown Waterfront Park, bounded by the Potomac River and Water Street, from the Francis Scott Key Bridge to the terminus of 31st Street, N.W. Revised concept for the Wisconsin Avenue Terminus. (Previous: CFA 15/SEP/05-5)
C. Smithsonian Institution
1. CFA 15/FEB/07-3, National Portrait Gallery and Smithsonian American Art Museum (Old Patent Office Building). 7th and F Streets, N.W. South stair reconstruction and perimeter security. Revised concept. (Previous: CFA 15/JUN/06-2, courtyard landscape)
2. CFA 15/FEB/07-4, National Museum of American History. 14th Street and Constitution Avenue, N.W. Perimeter security. Final. (Previous: CFA 15/JAN/04-6, Smithsonian Mall Museums Security Master Plan)
D. Department of the Treasury / U.S. Mint
CFA 15/FEB/07-5, Byron Nelson Congressional Gold Medal. Design for a gold medal and bronze duplicates. Final.
E. United States Institute of Peace
CFA 15/FEB/07-6, United States Institute of Peace. 23rd Street and Constitution Avenue, N.W. Landscape design for new headquarters building. Concept. (Previous: CFA 17/NOV/05-1)
F. District of Columbia Courts
1. CFA 15/FEB/07-7, The H. Carl Moultrie I Courthouse. 500 Indiana Avenue, N.W. Building alterations to the main entrance. Final. (Previous: CFA 20/APR/06-8)
2. CFA 15/FEB/07-8, The H. Carl Moultrie I Courthouse. 500 Indiana Avenue, N.W. Alterations to the main entrance plaza. Concept.
G. District of Columbia Public Schools
CFA 15/FEB/07-9, Alfred Kieger Savoy Elementary School. 2400 Shannon Place, S.E. Renovation, alterations, and additions. Concept.
H. District of Columbia Commission on the Arts and Humanities
1. CFA 15/FEB/07-10, Lamond Recreation Center. 20 Tuckerman Street, N.E. Installation of exterior mosaic mural. Concept.
2. CFA 15/FEB/07-11, Kiosk of stained glass featuring the species of Anacostia Park. Pennsylvania and Fairlawn Avenues, S.E, near the entrance to Anacostia Park. Concept.
I. District of Columbia Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs
S.L. 07-033, 1510 H Street, N.W., United Press International. New front facade and alterations to side and rear facades. Concept. (Previous: S.L. 02-093)
Last Modified: March 7, 2007