Meeting of the Commission of Fine Arts
21 June 2007
10:00 A.M. CONVENE, Suite 312, 401 F Street, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20001-2728
A. Approval of minutes:
B. Dates of next meetings:
C. Confirmation of the appointment of David Cox, FAIA to the Old Georgetown Board.
D. Report on the 2007 National Capital Arts and Cultural Affairs Grant Program.
E. Report on the position announcement for hiring a new Administrative Support Assistant on www.USAJOBS.opm.gov.
II. Submissions and Reviews
Appendix I — Direct Submission Consent Calendar
Appendix II — Shipstead-Luce Act Submissions
Appendix III — Old Georgetown Act Submissions
B. General Services Administration
CFA 21/JUN/07-1, St. Elizabeths Hospital. West Campus, 2700 Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue, S.E. Draft Master Plan for the development of the West Campus as a high security campus/compound for federal agencies. Information presentation.
C. National Park Service
1. CFA 21/JUN/07-2, John Marshall Park. Fourth Street Corridor between Pennsylvania Avenue and C Street, N.W. New landscape design. Revised concept. (Previous: CFA 18/JAN/07-3)
2. CFA 21/JUN/07-3, Georgetown Waterfront Park, bounded by the Potomac River and Water Street, from the Francis Scott Key Bridge to the terminus of 31st Street, N.W. Revised concept for the Wisconsin Avenue Terminus, pergola, benches, and river stairs. (Previous: CFA 15/FEB/07-2)
D. National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund
CFA 19/JUN/07-4, National Law Enforcement Museum, Judiciary Square (Federal Reservation #7), E Street between Court Buildings E and C, and north of Old City Hall. Perimeter security elements and configuration of E Street. Concept. (Previous: CFA 19/OCT/06-3)
E. Smithsonian Institution
CFA 21/JUN/07-5, National Zoological Park, Asia Trail Phase II: Elephant House, habitat renovation, and additions to existing facilities. Final. (Previous: CFA 15/MAR/07-4)
F. District of Columbia Office of Property Management
CFA 21/JUN/07-6, Eastern Market, 225 7th Street, S.E. Building restoration, rehabilitation and additions. Revised concept to include repair of fire damage. (Previous: CFA 27/JUL/06-9)
G. District of Columbia Public Schools
CFA 21/JUN/07-7, The School Without Walls (formerly the Grant School), 2130 G St N.W. Renovation and additions. Revised concept. (Previous: CFA 21/SEP/06-5)
H. District of Columbia Commission on the Arts and Humanities
1. CFA 21/JUN/07-8, Benning Road Bridge, Benning Road over the Anacostia River, N.E. Sculptural enhancements by Garth Edwards
2. CFA 21/JUN/07-9, Edward "Duke" Ellington Plaza, T and 7th Streets and Florida Avenue, N.W. Sculpture by Zachary Oxman
3. CFA 21/JUN/07-10, Washington Canal Park, 2nd Street between I and M Streets, S.E. Sculptures by David Hess (Previous: CFA 19/OCT/06-4; New park design)
I. D.C. Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs
1. Shipstead-Luce Act
S.L. 07-101, Arena Stage, 1101 Sixth Street, S.W. Revised design for additions, alterations and reconfiguration. Final/Concept. (Previous: S.L. 05-091, CFA 15 September 2005).
2. Old Georgetown Act
O.G. 07-164, Wormley School / Encore Development, 3305-3313 Prospect Street, N.W., Six new townhouses in school yard. Permit. (Previous: O.G. 06-261, 16 Nov. 2006)
Last Modified: July 12, 2007