Meeting of the Commission of Fine Arts
17 May 2007
10:00 A.M. CONVENE, Suite 312, 401 F Street, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20001-2728
A. Approval of minutes:
B. Dates of next meetings:
C. The Commission's 97th year: established 17 May 1910 and the Shipstead-Luce Act's 77th year: approved 16 May 1930.
D. A report on the Citizens Association of Georgetown's presentation of the 2007 Charles Atherton Award for exceptional service by a dedicated public-sector professional to Jose Martínez.
E. A report on the inspection of objects proposed for the permanent collection of the Freer Gallery.
II. Submissions and Reviews
Appendix I — Direct Submission Consent Calendar
Appendix II — Shipstead-Luce Act Submissions
Appendix III — Old Georgetown Act Submissions
B. National Park Service
2. CFA 17/MAY/07-1, Vietnam Veterans Memorial Visitor Center, Constitution Avenue and 23rd Street, N.W. Informational presentation. (Previous: CFA 21/SEP/2006, Administration Item C- Design guidelines)
C. United States Institute of Peace
CFA 17/MAY/07-2, United States Institute of Peace. 23rd Street and Constitution Avenue, N.W. New headquarters building and landscape design. Final. (Previous: CFA 15/FEB/07-6, Landscape concept)
D. Department of the Treasury / U.S. Mint
1. CFA 17/MAY/07-3, Congressional Gold Medal to honor the Tenzin Gyatso, the Fourteenth Dalai Lama of Tibet. Design for a gold medal and bronze duplicates. Final.
2. CFA 17/MAY/07-4, 2008 American Bald Eagle Recovery and National Emblem Commemorative Coin Program: Designs for $5 gold coin, $1 silver coin, and half-dollar clad coin. Final.
E. General Services Administration
CFA 17/MAY/07-5, Frances C. Perkins Building, Department of Labor, 200 Constitution Avenue, N.W. Relocation of the Tony Smith sculpture and the childcare playground. Final.
F. District of Columbia Office of the Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development
CFA 17/MAY/07-6, Reservation 174, bounded by New York Avenue, 10th, and I streets, N.W. Landscape design for new public park. Concept. (Previous: CFA 19/APR/07- 3, Old Convention Center Site Redevelopment)
G. District of Columbia Commission on the Arts and Humanities
CFA 17/MAY/07-7, Public art projects for the City Vista complex, 5th and K streets, N.W. Two art installations in new residential development; plaza sculpture and ventilation grille. Concept.
H. D.C. Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs
1. S.L.07-054, Nassif Building (U.S. Department of Transportation Headquarters), 400 7th Street, S.W. Building renovation, revised building facades. Final. (Previous: 19 April 2007)
2. S.L.07-072, Freedom Forum / Newseum, 555 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W. Signs. Permit. (Previous: S.L. 06-048, Streetscape design, 16 February 2006)
3. S.L. 07-071, Single-family residence, 2438 Belmont Road, N.W. Rear addition and building alterations. Revised concept. (Previous: S.L. 07-056, 19 April 2007)
Old Georgetown Act
O.G. 07-131, Georgetown University, 3700 O Street, N.W. New science center building. Concept.
Last Modified: July 2, 2007