Meeting of the Commission of Fine Arts
Agenda with Links to Letters
15 November 2007
10:00 A.M. CONVENE, Suite 312, 401 F Street, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20001-2728
A. Approval of minutes:
B. Dates of next meetings:
C. Proposed amendment to the submission policy.
D. Report on the October 2007 inspection of objects proposed for acquisition by the Freer Gallery of Art.
E. Report on the inspection of the mock-ups for the Judiciary Square master plan, including bollards, fencing, and exterior lighting for Building A.
II. Submissions and Reviews
Appendix I - Direct Submission Consent Calendar
Appendix II - Shipstead-Luce Act Submissions
Appendix III - Old Georgetown Act Submissions
B. National Park Service
1. CFA15/NOV/07-1, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. National Memorial. Independence Avenue, S.W. at the northwestern rim of the Tidal Basin. Central sculptural elements, landscape plan, and visitor services buildings. Revised concept. (Previous: CFA 15/FEB/07-1)
2. CFA15/NOV/07-2, Lincoln Memorial Circle. Perimeter security barriers on east side. Final. (Previous: CFA 17/NOV/05-3)
C. Department of the Treasury / U.S. Mint
CFA15/NOV/07-3, 2009 Abraham Lincoln Commemorative Coin. Designs for a silver one-dollar coin. Final.
D. General Services Administration
CFA15/NOV/07-4, Federal Bureau of Investigation, J. Edgar Hoover Building. 935 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W. Temporary perimeter safety fence. Concept and Final.
E. District of Columbia Office of the Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development
1. CFA15/NOV/07-5, Diamond Teague Park, Potomac Avenue & First Street, S.E. New public park. Revised concept. (Previous: CFA 20/SEPT/07-8)
2. CFA 15/NOV/07-6, New Communities Initiative, Northwest One Redevelopment Project. Area bounded by New Jersey Avenue, New York Avenue, M Street, K Street, N.W., and North Capitol Street. Information presentation.
3. CFA 15/NOV/07-7, Walker-Jones School, public library and community recreation center, New Jersey Avenue and Pierce Street, N.W. New building for school, library, and community recreation center. Concept.
F. District of Columbia Public Schools
CFA 15/NOV/07-8, Henry D. Cooke Elementary School, 2525 17th Street, N.W. Renovation and additions. Final. (Previous: CFA 19/JUL/07-3)
G. District of Columbia Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs
1. S.L. 08-015 (H.P.A. 08-046), 800 17th Street, N.W. New 12-story office building. Concept.
2. S.L. 08-012 (H.P.A. 08-043), Pierce Still House, 2400 Tilden Street, N.W. Building renovations, alterations and additions. Concept.
Last Modified: December 10, 2007