Meeting of the Commission of Fine Arts
Agenda with Links to Letters
21 February 2008
10:00 A.M. CONVENE, Suite 312, 401 F Street, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20001-2728
A. Approval of minutes:
B. Dates of next meetings:
C. Announcement of the 2008 Charles Atherton Memorial Lecture on 13 May 2008.
D. Report on position announcements for hiring new staff.
II. Submissions and Reviews
Appendix I — Direct Submission Consent Calendar
Appendix II — Shipstead-Luce Act Submissions
Appendix III — Old Georgetown Act Submissions
B. District of Columbia Courts
CFA 21/FEB/08-1, Judiciary Square Historic District. Bounded by 4th, G, and 5th streets and Indiana Avenue, N.W. Master plan, Phase I, Revised lighting design and signs. Final. (Previous: CFA 27/JUL/06-6)
C. Department of the Treasury / U.S. Mint
1. CFA 21/FEB/08-2, 2009 Louis Braille Bicentennial-Braille Literacy Commemorative One-Dollar Silver Coin. Designs for obverse and reverse. Final.
2. CFA 21/FEB/08-3, Abraham Lincoln Bicentennial One-Cent Coin Redesign Program for 2009. 7 additional new reverse designs representing aspect 4 (Lincolnís Presidency in Washington, D.C.). Final. (Previous: CFA 17/JAN/08-3)
D. District of Columbia Public Library
1. CFA 21/FEB/08-4, Tenley-Friendship Neighborhood Library, 4450 Wisconsin Avenue at Albemarle Street, N.W. New replacement building. Concept. (Previous: CFA 17/MAR/05-8)
2. CFA 21/FEB/08-5, Anacostia Neighborhood Library, 1800 Good Hope Road at 18th Street, S.E. New replacement building. Concept. (Previous: CFA 25/JAN/05-20)
3. CFA 21/FEB/08-6, Benning Neighborhood Library, 3935 Benning Road near Minnesota Avenue, N.E. New replacement building. Concept. (Previous: CFA 25/JAN/05-21)
4. CFA 21/FEB/08-7, Watha T. Daniel (Shaw) Neighborhood Library, 1701 8th Street at Rhode Island Avenue, N.W. New replacement building. Concept. (Previous: CFA 17/MAR/05-9)
Last Modified: March 26, 2008