Meeting of the Commission of Fine Arts
19 June 2008
10:00 A.M. CONVENE, Suite 312, 401 F Street, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20001-2728
A. Administration of oath of office to, Diana Balmori, and Earl A Powell, III.
B. Approval of minutes:
C. Dates of next meetings:
D. Confirmation of three recommendations from the May 2008 meeting after the loss of a quorum:
E. Motion to acknowledge 12 years of service by Mary Oehrlein, FAIA, on the Old Georgetown Board:
II. Submissions and Reviews
Appendix I – Direct Submission Consent Calendar
Appendix II – Shipstead-Luce Act Submissions
Appendix III – Old Georgetown Act Submissions
B. National Park Service
1. CFA 19/JUN/08-1, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. National Memorial. Independence Avenue, S.W. at the northwestern rim of the Tidal Basin. Revised sculpture. (Previous: CFA 15/MAY/08-1)
2. CFA 15/MAY/08-2, Georgetown Waterfront Park, bounded by the Potomac River and Water Street, from the Francis Scott Key Bridge to the terminus of 31st Street, N.W. Final, Phase II. (Previous: CFA 21/JUN/07-3)
C. Department of the Army / Institute of Heraldry
CFA 19/JUN/08-3, Veteran Headstone Medallion for the Department of Veterans Affairs. Three design options. Final.
D. Department of the Treasury / U.S. Mint
CFA 19/JUN/08-4, 2009 Native American One Dollar Coin. Designs for reverse and edge-incusing. Final.
E. District of Columbia Department of Transportation
CFA 19/JUN/08-5, Columbus Plaza at Union Station, Massachusetts Avenue between North Capitol Street and Second Street, N.E. Revisions to plaza to improve vehicular and pedestrian access and circulation. Final. Previous: CFA 20/SEPT/07-1)
F. National Railroad Passenger Corporation (Amtrak)
CFA 19/JUN/08-6, Union Station, 50 Massachusetts Avenue, N.E. Perimeter security. Concept.
G. Department of the Navy
CFA 19/JUN/08-7, Construct Operation Facility (ConOps), Bolling Air Force Base, Duncan Avenue, S.W. New one-story building. Final (revised design). (Previous: CFA 17/APR/08-b)
H. District of Columbia Public Schools
CFA 19/JUN/08-8, Howard D. Woodson Senior High School, 5500 Eads Street, N.E. Replacement building. Revised concept. (Previous: CFA 15/MAY/08-9)
I. District of Columbia Public Library
1. CFA 19/JUN/08-9, Tenley-Friendship Neighborhood Library, 4450 Wisconsin Avenue at Albemarle Street, N.W. New replacement building. Revised concept. (Previous: CFA 21/FEB/08-4)
2. CFA 19/JUN/08-10, Anacostia Neighborhood Library, 1800 Good Hope Road at 18th Street, S.E. New replacement building. Revised concept. (Previous: CFA 21/FEB/08-5)
J. District of Columbia Department of Transportation and District of Columbia Commission on the Arts and Humanities
CFA 19/JUN/08-11, Dr. Carter G. Woodson Memorial, Reservation 157, Rhode Island Avenue, 9th and Q Streets, N.W. Concept.
K. District of Columbia Department of Transportation
CFA 19/JUN/08-12, Metropolitan Branch Trail, Rhode Island Avenue, N.E. at CSX rail line. New pedestrian and bicycle bridge. Revised concept. (Previous: CFA 25/JAN/05-15)
L. District of Columbia Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs
1. S.L. 08-094, Nassif Building (Constitution Center / formerly, U.S. Department of Transportation Headquarters), 400 7th Street, S.W. Perimeter security. Concept. (Previous: S.L.07-054, 17 May 2007)
2. S.L. 08-098, Tregaron (The Causeway), Intersection of Woodley and Klingle Road, N.W. New single-family dwelling on lot parcel #3. Concept. (Previous: S.L. 04-081, 21 September 2004—Plan for planned unit development)
Last Modified: July 2, 2008