Meeting for the Commission of Fine Arts
20 November 2008
10:00 A.M. CONVENE, Suite 312, 401 F Street, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20001-2728
A. Approval of minutes:
B. Dates of next meetings:
C. Report on site inspections of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, Potomac Park Levee Project site, and Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. National Memorial site.
II. Submissions and Reviews
Appendix I — Direct Submission Consent Calendar
Appendix II — Shipstead-Luce Act Submissions
Appendix III — Old Georgetown Act Submissions
B. National Park Service
CFA 20/NOV/08-1, Dwight D. Eisenhower National Memorial. Intersection of Maryland and Independence Avenues, between 4th and 6th Streets, S.W. Pre-design program. Information presentation. (Previous: CFA 21/SEP/06-1, site selection)
C. General Services Administration
CFA 20/NOV/08-2, St. Elizabeths Hospital. West Campus, 2700 Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue, S.E. Master Plan for the Department of Homeland Security Headquarters. Final. (Previous: CFA 16/OCT/08-1, Information presentation)
D. National Park Service
1. CFA 20/NOV/08-3, West Potomac Park Levee Project. 17th Street, south of Constitution Avenue, N.W. Improvements to the flood protection levee system including a new floodgate across 17th Street. Concept. (Previous: CFA 16/OCT/08-2, Information presentation)
2. CFA 20/NOV/08-4, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. National Memorial. Independence Avenue, S.W. at the northwestern rim of the Tidal Basin. Stone selection and text engraving technique. Final. (Previous: CFA 18/SEP/08-1)
E. Department of the Treasury / U.S. Mint
1. CFA 20/NOV/08-5, Congressional Gold Medal for Tony Blair, former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom. Design for a gold medal and bronze duplicates. Final.
2. CFA 20/NOV/08-6, Medal for Henry Merritt Paulson Jr., Secretary of the Treasury. Design for a bronze medal and duplicates. Final.
3. CFA 20/NOV/08-7, Medal for Edmund C. Moy, Director of the United States Mint. Design for bronze medal and duplicates. Final.
F. Department of State
CFA 20/NOV/08-8, International Center. Embassy of Morocco, International Drive, Lot #4. New chancery building. Revised concept. (Previous: CFA 20/SEPT/07-4)
G. Department of the Army
CFA 20/NOV/08-9, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, 6900 Georgia Avenue, N.W. Interpretive Signs for the WRAMC Centennial. Final.
H. District of Columbia Public Library
CFA 20/NOV/08-10, Watha T. Daniel (Shaw) Neighborhood Library, 1701 8th Street at Rhode Island Avenue, N.W. New replacement building. Final. (Previous: CFA 21/FEB/08-7)
I. District of Columbia Department of Transportation
CFA 20/NOV/08-11, Watha T. Daniel (Shaw) Neighborhood Library, 1701 8th Street at Rhode Island Avenue, N.W. Public art installation. Concept.
J. Smithsonian Institution
CFA 20/NOV/08-12, National Zoological Park. Seal and Sea Lion Support Facility and site renewal. Concept.
K. District of Columbia Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs
1. S.L. 09-002 (H.P.A. 08-506), U.S. Chamber of Commerce, 1615 H Street, N.W. Building lighting. Concept.
Last Modified: December 3, 2008