Meeting of the Commission of Fine Arts
18 September 2008
10:00 A.M. CONVENE, Suite 312, 401 F Street, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20001-2728
A. Approval of minutes:
B. Dates of next meetings:
C. Report on the inspection of objects proposed for acquisition by the Freer Gallery.
II. Submissions and Reviews
Appendix I — Direct Submission Consent Calendar
Appendix II — Shipstead-Luce Act Submissions
Appendix III — Old Georgetown Act Submissions
B. National Park Service
1. CFA 18/SEP/08-1, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. National Memorial. Independence Avenue, S.W. at the northwestern rim of the Tidal Basin. Final. (Previous: CFA 19/JUN/08-1)
2. CFA 18/SEP/08-2, Memorial to Victims of the Ukrainian Famine of 1932-1933. Site selection. Proposed location in NPS Reservation #196, at the intersection of New Jersey Avenue, 1st and E Streets, N.W. Final.
3. CFA 18/SEP/08-3, Lincoln Memorial Circle. Perimeter security barriers on east side of plaza. Final. (Previous: CFA 17/NOV/07-2)
C. National Railroad Passenger Corporation (Amtrak)
CFA 18/SEP/08-4, Union Station, 50 Massachusetts Avenue, N.E. Perimeter security. Revised design. Final. (Previous: CFA 19/JUN/08-6)
D. District of Columbia Department of Transportation
1. CFA 18/SEP/08-5, Columbus Plaza at Union Station, Massachusetts Avenue between North Capitol Street and Second Street, N.E. Revisions to plaza to improve vehicular and pedestrian access and circulation. Revised concept. (Previous: CFA19/JUN/08-5)
2. CFA 18/SEP/08-6, Anacostia Riverwalk Trail, Two pedestrian and bicycle bridges over the CSX Railroad Track. North of Pennsylvania Avenue on the west side of the river and north of Anacostia Drive on the east side of the river. Concept/Final.
E. U.S. Department of Agriculture / U.S. National Arboretum
CFA 18/SEP/08-7, National Arboretum, Flowering Tree Walk Plaza on Meadow Road, north of the Administration and Visitor Service Building. New promenade plaza. Concept. (Previous: CFA 21/SEP/04-Admin E)
F. District of Columbia Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs
1. S.L. 08-135, 800 17th Street, N.W. New 12-story office building. Final. (Previous: S.L. 08-015, November 2007)
2. S.L. 08-131 (H.P.A. 08-463), Corcoran Gallery of Art, 500-530 17th Street / 1700 New York Avenue, N.W., New seven-story office building. Concept.
Last Modified: October 2, 2008