Meeting of the Commission of Fine Arts
19 February 2009
10:00 A.M. CONVENE, Suite 312, 401 F Street, NW, Washington, D.C. 20001-2728
A. Approval of minutes:
B. Dates of next meetings:
C. Proposed policy update for additions and site alterations to structures in Georgetown.
II. Submissions and Reviews
Appendix I — Direct Submission Consent Calendar
Appendix II — Shipstead-Luce Act Submissions
Appendix III — Old Georgetown Act Submissions
B. National Park Service
1. CFA 19/FEB/09-1, National Mall and Memorial Parks. Draft Master Plan. Information Presentation.
2. CFA 19/FEB/09-2, National Mall and Memorial Parks. Pedestrian Guide Sign Program. Designs for two new sign types. Concept/Final.
C. Smithsonian Institution
CFA 19/FEB/09-3, National Museum of African-American History and Culture. Project progress update. Information presentation. (Previous: CFA 20/OCT/05-2, Informational presentation on site selection study).
D. General Services Administration
CFA 19/FEB/09-4, Southeast Federal Center (The Yards), between 2nd and 5th Streets, SE. Phase II designs for 5.6-acre waterfront park. Revised concept. (Previous: CFA 17/JAN/08-5).
E. Department of the Treasury / U.S. Mint
1. CFA 19/FEB/09-5, Congressional Gold Medal for Edward William Brooke III. Design for a gold medal and bronze duplicates. Final.
2. CFA 19/FEB/09-6, Congressional Gold Medal for Daw Aung San Suu Kyi. Design for a gold medal and bronze duplicates. Final.
F. National Archives and Records Administration
CFA 19/FEB/09-7, National Archives Building, 700 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW. Building identification, directional, and exhibition signs. Concept.
G. District of Columbia Courts
CFA 19/FEB/09-8, Judiciary Square Historic District. Bounded by 4th, G, and 5th Streets and Indiana Avenue, NW. Master plan, Perimeter security elements—Alternative designs for E Street. Final. (Previous: CFA 22/JAN/09-3).
H. District of Columbia Public Library
1. CFA 19/FEB/09-9, Washington Highlands Neighborhood Library, 115 Atlantic Street, SW. New replacement building. Concept.
2. CFA 19/FEB/09-10, Mount Pleasant Neighborhood Library, 3160 16th Street, NW. Addition and renovation. Concept.
I. District of Columbia Public Schools
CFA 19/FEB/09-11, Stoddert Elementary School, 4001 Calvert Street, NW. Building additions, renovation and landscaping. Concept.
K. District of Columbia Department of Transportation
CFA 19/FEB/09-12, Anacostia Riverwalk Trail, Two pedestrian and bicycle bridges over the CSX Railroad Track. North of Pennsylvania Avenue on the west side of the river and north of Anacostia Drive on the east side of the river. Revised design—Final. (Previous: CFA 18/SEP/08-6).
L. District of Columbia Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs
S.L. 09-001, (HPA 09-001) 224 2nd Street SE (Square 762, Lot 07). Watterston House (National Indian Gaming Association). Rear addition, building alterations, and landscaping. Concept.
Last Modified: March 1, 2009