Meeting of the Commission of Fine Arts
21 October 2010
9:00 A.M. CONVENE, Suite 312, 401 F Street, NW, Washington, DC 20001-2728
A. Approval of minutes:
B. Dates of next meetings:
C. Confirmation of the approval for objects proposed for acquisition by the Freer Gallery of Art.
II. Submissions and Reviews
Appendix I — Direct Submission Consent Calendar
Appendix II — Shipstead-Luce Act Submissions
Appendix III — Old Georgetown Act Submissions
B. National Park Service
1.CFA 21/OCT/10-1, Washington Monument grounds, 15th Street and Constitution Avenue, NW. Visitor screening facility. Information presentation. (Previous: CFA 19/SEP/02-1)
2. CFA 21/OCT/10-2, Martin Luther King, Jr. National Memorial. Independence Avenue, SW, at the northwestern rim of the Tidal Basin. Revised attributions for inscriptions. Final. (Previous: CFA 16/SEP/10-3)
C. Department of the Treasury / U.S. Mint
1. CFA 21/OCT/10-3, New Frontier Congressional Gold Medal to honor: Neil A. Armstrong, Edwin E. Aldrin, Jr., Michael Collins, and John H. Glenn, Jr. Design for a gold medal and bronze duplicates. Final.
2. CFA 21/OCT/10-4, Congressional Gold Medal for Arnold Palmer. Design for a gold medal and bronze duplicates. Final.
3. CFA 21/OCT/10-5, 2012 America's Beautiful National Parks Quarter Dollar Program. Reverse designs for five coins: Puerto Rico, New Mexico, Maine, Hawaii, and Alaska. Final. (Previous: CFA 21/JAN/10-1)
D. Department of State
1. CFA 21/OCT/10-6, Main Headquarters Building, 23rd and C streets, NW. Perimeter security barriers and streetscapes. Reaffirm concept for overall plan. (Previous: CFA 18/NOV/04-1, overall concept)
2. CFA 21/OCT/10-7, Main Headquarters Building, 23rd and C streets, NW. Perimeter security barriers and streetscapes--Phase 1.a. (D Street) and Phase 1.b. (C Street). Final. (Previous: CFA 18/NOV/04-1, overall concept)
E. General Services Administration
CFA 21/OCT/10-8, GSA Headquarters Building, 1800 F Street, NW. Building modifications and additions for retail space. Final. (Previous: CFA 17/JUN/10-3)
F. District of Columbia Courts
CFA 21/OCT/10-9, The H. Carl Moultrie I Courthouse. 500 Indiana Avenue, NW. Building addition and site modifications. Concept. (Previous: CFA 19/FEB/09-a)
G. Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority
CFA 21/OCT/10-10, Southeastern Bus Garage and Maintenance Facility, D. C. Village Lane at Shepherd Parkway SW. New buildings and parking structure. Final.
H. District of Columbia Department of Transportation
1. CFA 21/OCT/10-11, Barracks Row Mural Project. Southeast Freeway bridge at 8th Street, SE. Murals. Revised concept. (Previous: CFA 15/JUL/10-8)
2. CFA 21/OCT/10-12, Old Georgetown Historic District Tree Fences. Standards for fencing around tree beds in various sites. Concept. POSTPONED
I. District of Columbia Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs
S.L. 11-004 and S.L. 11-005, Office Building, 500 North Capitol Street, NW. Additions and facade alterations. Concept.
Last Modified: October 29, 2010