Meeting of the Commission of Fine Arts
21 July 2011
10:00 A.M. CONVENE, Suite 312, 401 F Street, NW, Washington, DC 20001–2728
A. Approval of minutes:
B. Dates of next meetings:
C. Report on the morning site inspections.
II. Submissions and Reviews
Appendix I – Direct Submission Consent Calendar
Appendix II – Shipstead–Luce Act Submissions
Appendix III – Old Georgetown Act Submissions
B. Department of the Treasury / U.S. Mint
CFA 21/JUL/11–1, Star–Spangled Banner Commemorative Coin Program. Designs for a five–dollar gold and one–dollar silver coin. Final.
C. General Services Administration
1. CFA 21/JUL/11–2, Eisenhower Executive Office Building, Pennsylvania Avenue and 17th Street, NW. Security screening facility and accessible entrance. Concept.
2. CFA 21/JUL/11–3, Department of Homeland Security Headquarters, St. Elizabeths West Campus. On–site West Access Road from Firth Sterling Avenue to Gate 4, and other site alterations. Revised design. Concept. (Previous: CFA 18/MAR/10–3)
D. United States Department of State
CFA 21/JUL/11–4, Harry S. Truman Building, 23rd and C Streets, NW. Renovation of the 8th–floor terrace of the Diplomatic Reception Rooms. Revised concept. (Previous: CFA 16/JUN/11–3)
E. District of Columbia Department of Real Estate Services
CFA 21/JUL/11–5, Draper Public School Campus, 908 Wahler Place, SE. New school building and site modifications. Concept.
F. District of Columbia Department of Parks and Recreation
CFA 21/JUL/11–6, Benning Stoddert Recreation Center, 100 Stoddert Place, SE. New recreation and academic facility, and tennis courts. Concept.
G. District of Columbia Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs
1. SL 11–106, 850 D Street, SW (L'Enfant Plaza). 14–story extended–stay hotel. Revised concept. (Previous: SL 11–106, 16 June 2011)
2. SL 11–118, Watergate Hotel, 2650 Virginia Avenue, NW. Building modifications and additions. Concept.
3. SL 11–126, The Pennsylvania Building, 425 13th Street, NW (alternate address: 1275 Pennsylvania Avenue). Facade alterations. Concept.
Last Modified: July 29, 2011