Meeting of the Commission of Fine Arts
20 October 2011
10:00 A.M. CONVENE, Suite 312, 401 F Street, NW, Washington, DC 20001–2728
A. Administration of oath of office to Teresita Fernández.
B. Recognition of Pamela Nelson's service, 2001 to 2011.
C. Approval of minutes:
D. Dates of next meetings:
E. Monumental Core Framework Plan: recipient of the 2011 Professional Honor Award for Analysis and Planning by the American Society of Landscape Architects.
II. Submissions and Reviews
Appendix I — Direct Submission Consent Calendar
Appendix II — Shipstead-Luce Act Submissions
Appendix III — Old Georgetown Act Submissions
B. Smithsonian Institution
CFA 20/OCT/11–1, National Museum of African American History and Culture, 14th Street and Constitution Avenue, NW. Revised concept. (Previous: CFA 17/MAR/11–1)
C. National Park Service
1. CFA 20/OCT/11–2, Memorial to Victims of the Ukrainian Famine–Genocide of 1932–1933, NPS Reservation #78, at the intersection of Massachusetts Avenue, F and North Capitol Streets, NW. New memorial. Concept. (Previous: CFA 18/SEP/08–2, site selection)
2. CFA 20/OCT/11–3, The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts (2700 F Street, NW.) and Rock Creek Parkway Trail. Pedestrian access stairs between terrace and trail. Revised concept. (Previous: CFA18/OCT/07–5)
D. Department of the Treasury / U.S. Mint
1. CFA 20/OCT/11–4, 2013 Presidential One Dollar Coin Program. Designs for the sixth set of four First Spouse $10 gold coins and bronze medals: Alice Paul, Frances Cleveland (1885–1889), Caroline Harrison, and Frances Cleveland (1893–1897). Final. (Previous: CFA 15/JUL/10–5, 2011 issue and CFA 18/NOV/10–4, two revisions)
2. CFA 20/OCT/11–5, 2013 America's Beautiful National Parks Quarter Dollar Program. Reverse designs for five coins: New Hampshire, Ohio, Nevada, Maryland, and South Dakota. Final. (Previous: CFA 21/OCT/10–5)
E. District of Columbia Office of the Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development
1. CFA 20/OCT/11–6, Square 37 (West End Neighborhood Library), 23rd and L Streets, NW. New mixed–use building with commercial and residential units, and public library. Concept.
2. CFA 20/OCT/11–7, Square 50 (Fire and Engine Company No. 1), 23rd and M Streets, NW. New mixed–use building with commercial and residential units, and fire station. Concept.
F. District of Columbia Water and Sewer Authority (DC Water)
CFA 20/OCT/11–8, Poplar Point Pumping Station, site within interchange of South Capitol Street, Suitland Parkway, and Anacostia Freeway (I–295). Replacement pumping station. Concept.
G. District of Columbia Department of Real Estate Services
CFA 20/OCT/11–9, Eagle Academy Public Charter School (former Gladys K. McGogney Elementary School), 3400 Wheeler Road, SE. Building renovation and additions. Concept.
H. District of Columbia Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs
1. SL 11–160, 1301 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW. Office building. Alterations and additions. Concept.
2. SL 11–164, 500 L'Enfant Plaza, SW. New 14–story office building at the southeast corner (Frontage Road and 9th Street). Concept.
Last Modified: October 28, 2011