Meeting of the Commission of Fine Arts
16 February 2012
9:00 A.M. CONVENE, Suite 312, 401 F Street, NW, Washington, DC 20001–2728
A. Approval of minutes:
B. Dates of next meetings:
C. Report on the 2012 Arthur Ross Award for Stewardship awarded to the Commission of Fine Arts by the Institute of Classical Architecture and Art.
II. Submissions and Reviews
Appendix I – Direct Submission Consent Calendar
Appendix II – Shipstead–Luce Act Submissions
Appendix III – Old Georgetown Act Submissions
B. National Park Service
1. CFA 16/FEB/12–1, Vietnam Veterans Memorial Center, West Potomac Park. New underground visitor education center. Concept. (Previous: CFA 16/APR/09–02)
2. CFA 16/FEB/12–2, National Mall. Center lawn panels (#18 through 26) between 7th and 14th Streets. Phases II and III, reconstruction of the turf and soil, and installation of an irrigation system and new granite curbs and gutters. Concept. (Previous: CFA 18/NOV/10–2, Phase I)
C. District of Columbia Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs
1. SL 12– 053, 500 L'Enfant Plaza, SW. New 14–story office building at the southeast corner (895/875 Frontage Road at 9th Street). Concept. (Previous: SL 11–164, October 2011
2. SL 12– 051, 420 10th Street, SW (L'Enfant Plaza). Replacement retail pavilion and alterations in courtyard. Concept. (Previous: SL 12–040, January 2012)
3. SL 12–043, Lowell School, 1640 Kalmia Road, NW. Additions to and renovation of the Parkside Building. Concept.
D. Smithsonian Institution
CFA 16/FEB/12–3, National Zoological Park, North Road. General Services Building Retaining Wall. Concept. (Previous: CFA 17/MAR/11–2)
E. District of Columbia Commission on the Arts and Humanities
CFA 16/FEB/12–4, Five by Five, a public art program to install 25 temporary artworks throughout the city. Final.
F. Department of the Treasury / U.S. Mint
1. CFA 16/FEB/12–5,Congressional Gold Medal for Dr. Muhammad Yunus. Design for gold medal and bronze duplicates. Final.
2. CFA 16/FEB/12–6, Congressional Gold Medal for the Montford Point Marines. Design for gold medal and bronze duplicates. Final.
3. CFA 16/FEB/12–7, 2013 America's Beautiful National Parks Quarter Dollar Program. Revised designs for the Ohio and Maryland Quarters [Perry's Victory and International Peace Memorial and Fort McHenry]. Final. (Previous: CFA 20/OCT/11–5)
Last Modified: February 24, 2012