Meeting of the Commission of Fine Arts
19 July 2012
9:00 A.M. CONVENE, Suite 312, 401 F Street, NW, Washington, DC 20001–2728
A. Approval of minutes:
B. Dates of next meetings:
C. Confirmation of recommendations from the June 2012 meeting after the loss of a quorum:
1. SL 12–100, 600 M Street, SW. Southwest Waterfront Development, Parcel 11a. New church. Concept. (Previous: SL 12–070, 17 April 2012)
2. CFA 21/JUN/12–7, Southwest Waterfront Development public spaces and landscapes associated with Parcels 1, 2, 3a, and 3b, District Pier, and Transit Pier. Concept. (Previous: CFA 17/MAY/12–4)
3. CFA 21/JUN/12–8, Southwest Waterfront Development public spaces and landscapes associated with Parcel 4 (The Mews), and Yacht Club Plaza Concept. (Previous: CFA 19/JAN/12–4, master plan)
II. Submissions and Reviews
Appendix I – Direct Submission Consent Calendar
Appendix II – Shipstead–Luce Act Submissions
Appendix III – Old Georgetown Act Submissions
B. National Capital Planning Commission
CFA 19/JUL/12–1, Southwest Ecodistrict Initiative. Sustainable urban development plan for a 15–block federal precinct south of the National Mall. Information presentation.
C. National Park Service
1. CFA 19/JUL/12–2, Memorial to Victims of the Ukrainian Famine–Genocide of 1932–1933, NPS Reservation #78, at the intersection of Massachusetts Avenue, and F and North Capitol Streets. New memorial. Final. (Previous: CFA 20/OCT/11–2)
2. CFA 19/JUL/12–3, National Mall. Center lawn panels (#18 through 26) between 7th and 14th Streets. Phases II and III, reconstruction of the turf and soil, and installation of an irrigation system and new granite curbs and gutters. Concept. (Previous: CFA 16/FEB/12–2)
D. U.S. Secret Service / National Park Service
CFA 19/JUL/12–4, Eisenhower Executive Office Building, Pennsylvania Avenue and 17th Street, NW. Two enlarged replacement officer booths on 17th Street side. Concept.
E. District of Columbia Office of Planning
CFA 19/JUL/12–5, St. Elizabeths East Campus, 2701 Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue, SE. Master plan and design guidelines for the District–owned portion of the East Campus. Final.
F. District of Columbia Office of the Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development / Hoffman–Madison Waterfront, LLC
1. CFA 19/JUL/12–6, Southwest Waterfront Development public spaces, amenities, and landscapes associated with Parcels 1, 2, 3b, 4, and 5, District Pier, Transit Pier, 7th Street Park, and Yacht Club Plaza. Concept. (Previous: CFA 21/JUN/12–7)
2. CFA 19/JUL/12–7, Southwest Waterfront Development. Waterfront Park, Water Street and M Place, SW. Concept. (Previous: CFA 19/JAN/12–8)
G. District of Columbia Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs
Shipstead–Luce Act: Southwest Waterfront Development
1. SL 12–103, 900 Water Street, SW. Southwest Waterfront Development, Parcel 2a. New residential and theater building. Concept. (Previous: 21 June 2012)
2. SL 12–105, 850 Water Street, SW. Southwest Waterfront Development, Parcel 3b. New hotel building. Concept. (Previous: 21 June 2012)
3. SL 12–118, 600 M Street, SW. Southwest Waterfront Development, Parcel 11a. New church. Concept. (Previous: SL 12–100, 21 June 2012)
4. SL 12–121, 660 North Capitol Street, NW. New eight–story office building. Concept.
H. District of Columbia Department of General Services
CFA 19/JUL/12–8, Ballou Senior High School, 3401 4th Street, SE. New replacement school building. Concept.
I. District of Columbia Office of the Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development
CFA 19/JUL/12–9, Washington Nationals Youth Baseball Academy, Fort Dupont Park, 3600 block of Ely Place, SE. New facility for baseball academy. Concept.
J. District of Columbia Commission on the Arts and Humanities
CFA 19/JUL/12–10, Connecticut Avenue, NW (between K Street and Jefferson Place). Public art installation by lighting designer Alexander Cooper. Concept.
Last Modified: July 31, 2012