Meeting of the Commission of Fine Arts
21 November 2013
9:00 A.M. CONVENE, Suite 312, 401 F Street, NW, Washington, DC 20001-2728
A. Approval of minutes:
B. Dates of next meetings:
C. Report on the cancelation of the October 2013 meeting due to the shutdown of the Federal Government and the rescheduled Old Georgetown Board meeting on 22 October 2013.
D. Confirmation of the approval of the recommendations for the October 2013 Old Georgetown Act and Shipstead-Luce Act submissions, and the Congressional Gold Medal honoring the Menominee Nation Native American Code Talkers.
E. Confirmation of the approval for objects proposed for acquisition by the Freer Gallery of Art.
F. Recognition of the service of Edwin Schlossberg, 2011 to 2013.
G. Report on Philip Freelon's presentation on the renovation of the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Library at the National Building Museum on Tuesday, September 24th.
II. Submissions and Reviews
Appendix I – Direct Submission Consent Calendar
Appendix II – Shipstead-Luce Act Submissions
Appendix III – Old Georgetown Act Submissions
B. National Park Service
CFA 21/NOV/13–1, Dwight D. Eisenhower National Memorial. Intersection of Maryland and Independence Avenues, between 4th and 6th Streets, SW. Concept. (Previous: CFA 18/JUL/13–1)
C. National Capital Planning Commission
CFA 21/NOV/13–2, Height Master Plan for Washington, DC–to explore the impact of strategic changes to the federal Height of Buildings Act of 1910. Information presentation.
D. Events DC (Washington Convention and Sports Authority)
CFA 21/NOV/13–3, Carnegie Library, 801 Mount Vernon Place, NW (Mount Vernon Square at Massachusetts and New York Avenues). Addition for the International Spy Museum. Concept.
E. Department of the Navy
CFA 21/NOV/13–4, Defense Intelligence Agency Parking Garage, Joint Base Anacostia–Bolling, 200 MacDill Boulevard. New multi–level parking garage to replace existing. Concept.
F. District of Columbia Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs
1. S.L. 14–001, The Museum of the Bible (Passages), 300 D Street, SW. Additions, alterations, and rehabilitation of Washington Design Center Building and adjacent office building. Concept.
2. S.L. 14–018, The American Pharmacists Association, 2215 Constitution Avenue, NW (or 2200 C Street, NW). Perimeter security. Concept.
G. District of Columbia Department of General Services
1. CFA 21/NOV/13–5, Powell Elementary School, 1350 Upshur Street, NW. Building renovation and additions. Revised Concept. (Previous: CFA 21/MAR/13-6).
2. CFA 21/NOV/13–6, Roosevelt Senior High School, 4301 13th Street, NW. Building alterations, renovation and additions. Concept.
H. District of Columbia Department of Park and Recreation
CFA 21/NOV/13–7, Ridge Road Community Center, 800 Ridge Road, SE. New community and recreation facility. Concept.
I. Department of the Treasury / U.S. Mint
1. CFA 21/NOV/13–8, American Eagle Platinum Coin Program for 2014. Reverse design. Final. (Previous: CFA 15/NOV/12–6, 2013 issue)
2. CFA 21/NOV/13–9, 2014 Presidential One Dollar Coin Program–First Spouses. Designs for the eighth set of four ten–dollar gold coins and bronze medals: Florence Harding, Grace Coolidge, Lou Hoover, and Anna Eleanor Roosevelt. Final. (Previous: CFA 21/MAR/13–10, 2013 issues)
J. National Capital Planning Commission
CFA 21/NOV/13–10, Southwest Ecodistrict Initiative (Sustainable urban development plan for a 15–block precinct south of the National Mall between 4th and 12th Streets, SW). Designs for the 10th Street, SW Streetscape and Banneker Connection. Concept. (Previous: CFA 20/JUN/13–7)
Last Modified: December 4, 2013