Meeting of the Commission of Fine Arts
17 July 2014
9:00 A.M. CONVENE, Suite 312, 401 F Street, NW, Washington, DC 20001–2728
A. Approval of minutes:
B. Dates of next meetings:
C. Proposed 2015 schedule of meetings and submission deadlines for the Commission and Old Georgetown Board.
II. Submissions and Reviews
Appendix I – Direct Submission Consent Calendar
Appendix II – Shipstead–Luce Act Submissions
Appendix III – Old Georgetown Act Submissions
B. National Park Service
1.CFA 17/JUL/14–1, Vietnam Veterans Memorial Center, West Potomac Park. New underground visitor education center. Revised concept. (Previous: CFA 17/APR/2014–1)
2. CFA 17/JUL/14–2, Franklin Park (Reservation 9), bound by 13th, 14th, I, and K Streets, NW. Rehabilitation of park. Concept. (Previous: CFA 15/JAN/04–10)
C. Department of the Army
1. CFA 17/JUL/14–3, Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington, Virginia, King and Halsey Drives, Section 54. Funeral Procession Queuing Area. Concept.
2. CFA 17/JUL/14–4, Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington, Virginia, Patton Drive, Section 70. Tomb of Remembrance, new ossuary. Concept.
D. Smithsonian Institution
1. CFA 17/JUL/14–5, National Air and Space Museum, Independence Avenue at 6th Street, SW. Facilities Master Plan. Information presentation.
2. CFA 17/JUL/14–6, National Zoological Park, 3001 Connecticut Avenue, NW–Lower zoo entrance. Reconfigure the lower zoo entrance and adjacent traffic circle. Concept. (Previous: CFA 21/JAN/10– 3)
E. U.S. Department of State
CFA 17/JUL/14–7, Intelsat Global Service Corporation Headquarters, International Center, 4000 Connecticut Avenue, NW. Alterations to the northeast building entrance and plaza. Concept.
F. District of Columbia Department of Transportation
CFA 17/JUL/14–8, Klingle Valley Multi–use Trail, Closed segment of Klingle Road from Cortland Place to Porter Street, NW. Construct a multi–use trail and stream restoration. Final. (Previous: CFA 19/JUN/14–3)
G. D.C. Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs
SL 14–133, Metropolitan Square, 655 15th Street, NW. Office building. New building facades. Concept.
Last Modified: July 25, 2014