Meeting of the Commission of Fine Arts
20 March 2014
9:00 A.M. CONVENE, Suite 312, 401 F Street, NW, Washington, DC 20001–2728
A. Approval of minutes:
B. Dates of next meetings:
C. Report on the 2014 National Capital Arts and Cultural Affairs program
II. Submissions and Reviews
Appendix I – Direct Submission Consent Calendar
Appendix II – Shipstead-Luce Act Submissions
Appendix III – Old Georgetown Act Submissions
B. Department of State
CFA 20/MAR/14–1, Foreign Missions Center, Walter Reed Army Medical Center–western portion bound by 16th Street, Alaska Avenue, Fern Street, and Main Drive, NW. Master plan. Concept.
C. District of Columbia Office of the Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development / Hoffman–Madison Waterfront, LLC
1. CFA 20/MAR/14–2, Southwest Waterfront Development public spaces, amenities, and landscapes associated with Parcels 1, 2, 3b, 4, and 5, District Pier, Transit Pier, Market Pier, 7th Street Park, the Mews, Yacht Club Plaza, and Maine Avenue, SW. Concept. (Previous: CFA 19/JUL/12– 6)
2. CFA 20/MAR/14–3, Southwest Waterfront Development. Waterfront Park, Water Street and M Place, SW. Concept. (Previous: CFA 19/JUL/12–7)
D. District of Columbia Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs
1. Shipstead–Luce Act:
S.L. 14–073, The Museum of the Bible (Passages), 300 D Street, SW. Additions, alterations, and rehabilitation of Washington Design Center Building and adjacent office building. Revised concept. (Previous: S.L. 14–001, 21 November 2013)
2. Old Georgetown Act
O.G. 14–055, Georgetown University, 3700 O Street, NW. New eight–story residence hall. Concept.
E. District of Columbia Department of General Services
1. CFA 20/MAR/14–4, DC KIPP College Prep High School (formerly Hamilton Special Education School), 1401 Brentwood Parkway, NE. New school building. Concept.
2. CFA 20/MAR/14–5, Duke Ellington School of the Arts, 1680 35th Street, NW. Building modernization and additions. Revised concept. (Previous: CFA 16/JAN/14–6)
F. Department of the Treasury / U.S. Mint
1. CFA 20/MAR/14–6, Congressional Gold Medal honoring the First Special Service Force. Designs for a gold medal with bronze duplicates. Final.
2. CFA 20/MAR/14–7, United States Marshals Service 225th Anniversary Commemorative Coin Program. Designs for a five–dollar gold, one–dollar silver, and half–dollar clad coin. Final.
3. CFA 20/MAR/14–8, 2015 and 2016 Presidential One Dollar Coin Programs. Obverse designs for the ninth and tenth sets of coins. Final. (Previous: CFA 18/APR/13–8, 2014 issue)
4. CFA 20/MAR/14–9, 2015 and 2016 Native American One Dollar Coins. Reverse designs for the seventh and eighth sets of coins. Final. (Previous: CFA 18/JUL/13–8, 2014 issue)
Last Modified: March 28, 2014