Meeting of the Commission of Fine Arts
17 May 2012
10:00 A.M. CONVENE, Suite 312, 401 F Street, NW, Washington, DC 20001-2728
A. Approval of minutes:
B. Dates of next meetings:
C. Anniversary of the establishment of the Commission of Fine Arts, 17 May 1910, and centennial publication.
D. Report on the 2012 National Capital Arts and Cultural Affairs Program.
E. Report on the approval of objects proposed for acquisition by the Freer Gallery of Art.
F. Report on the new CFA lobby coin display by the U.S. Mint.
G. Report on the 2012 AIA convention.
II. Submisisons and Reviews
Appendix I - Direct Submission Consent Calendar
Appendix II - Shipstead-Luce Act Submissions
Appendix III - Old Georgetown Act Submissions
B. National Park Service
CFA 17/MAY/12-1, Vietnam Veterans Memorial Commemorative Plaque. Vietnam Veterans Memorial. Replacement plaque. Final. (Previous: CFA 18/APR/02-1)
C. General Services Administration
1. CFA 17/MAY/12-2, St. Elizabeths Hospital Campus, 2700 Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue, SE. Master Plan Amendment: Federal Use Parcel of the East Campus. Final. (Previous: CFA 20/NOV/08-2, Master Plan for the Department of Homeland Security Headquarters)
2. CFA 17/MAY/12-3, St. Elizabeths Hospital. West Campus, 2700 Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue, SE. Phase 1 Site Lighting Project. Final.
D. District of Columbia Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs
1. SL 12-085, 420 10th Street, SW (L'Enfant Plaza). Replacement retail pavilion and alterations in courtyard. Final. (Previous: SL 12-051, February 2012)
Southwest Waterfront Development
2. SL 12-081, 900 Water Street, SW. Southwest Waterfront Development, Parcel 2. New residential and theater building. Concept.
3. SL 12-088, 800 Water Street, SW. Southwest Waterfront Development, Parcel 3a. New office building. Concept.
4. SL 12-089, 850 Water Street, SW. Southwest Waterfront Development Parcel 3b. New hotel building. Concept.
E. District of Columbia Office of the Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development / Hoffman-Madison Waterfront, LLC
CFA 17/MAY/12-4, Southwest Waterfront Development public spaces and landscapes associated with Parcels 2, 3a, and 3b, District Pier, and Transit Pier. Concept. (Previous: CFA 19/JAN/12-4 to 17, Master Plan)
F. District of Columbia Office of the Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development
CFA 17 MAY/12-5, Square 50 (Fire and Engine Company No. 1), 23rd and M Streets, NW. New mixed-use building with commercial space, residential units, and fire station. Conceptórevised design. (Previous: CFA 20/OCT/11-7)
G. Department of the Treasury / U.S. Mint
1. CFA 17/MAY/12-6, Congressional Gold Medals of Honor for the Native American code talkers of World War I and World War II. Designs for four gold medals (with silver and bronze duplicates) for the Comanche Nation, Kiowa Tribe, Santee Dakota Sioux Tribe, and Tlingit Tribe. Final. (Previous: CFA 17/May/01-2, Navajo Code Talkers Congressional Gold Medal)
2. CFA 17/MAY/12-7, 2013 Girl Scouts USA Centennial Commemorative Coin Program. Designs for a one-dollar silver coin. Final.
Last Modified: May 25, 2012