Meeting of the Commission of Fine Arts
20 September 2012
10:00 A.M. CONVENE, Suite 312, 401 F Street, NW, Washington, DC 20001–2728
A. Administration of oath of office to Earl A. Powell, III.
B. Approval of minutes:
C. Dates of next meetings:
D. Report on the approval of objects proposed for acquisition by the Freer Gallery of Art.
II. Submissions and Reviews
Appendix I – Direct Submission Consent Calendar
Appendix II – Shipstead-Luce Act Submissions
Appendix III – Old Georgetown Act Submissions
B. Smithsonian Institution
CFA 20/SEP/12–1, National Museum of African American History and Culture, 14th Street and Constitution Avenue, NW. Final. (Previous: CFA 20/OCT/11–1)
C. National Park Service
CFA 20/SEP/12–2, National Mall. Center lawn panels (#18 through 26) between 7th and 14th Streets. Phases II and III, reconstruction of the turf and soil, and installation of an irrigation system and new granite curbs and gutters. Concept. (Previous: CFA 19/JUL/12–3)
D. General Services Administration
CFA 20/SEP/12–3, Southeast Federal Center (The Yards). Parcel N (Tingey, 4th, and Water Streets, SE), new eleven-story mixed-use building. Concept.
E. District of Columbia Department of General Services
1. CFA 20/SEP/12–4, Ballou Senior High School, 3401 4th Street, SE. New replacement school building. Concept. (Previous: CFA 19/JUL/12–8)
2. CFA 20/SEP/12–5, Horace Mann Elementary School, 4430 Newark Street, NW. Building renovation and addition. Concept.
3. CFA 20/SEP/12–6, Phoebe Hearst Elementary School, 3950 37th Street, NW. Building renovation and addition. Concept.
F. Department of the Treasury / U.S. Mint
1. CFA 20/SEP/12–7, Congressional Gold Medals of Honor for the Native American code talkers of World War I and World War II. Designs for two gold medals (with silver and bronze duplicates) for the Crow Creek Sioux Tribe and Sisseton Wahpeton Sioux Tribe. Final. (Previous: CFA 21/JUN/12–2)
2. CFA 20/SEP/12–8, 2013 Native American One Dollar Coin. Designs for reverse. Final. (Previous: CFA 16/JUN/11–1)
Last Modified: October 2, 2012