See also submission requirements for final review.
A complete concept review submission includes:
- A letter requesting CFA review, signed by the authorized representative of the government agency responsible for the project and on the letterhead of that agency, addressed to the Secretary, U.S. Commission of Fine Arts, 401 F Street, NW, Suite 312, Washington, DC 20001.
A project booklet (10 copies, 11x17 inch or 8 1/2x11 inch format) for distribution to the members of the Commission in advance of the meeting. The booklet should describe the project scope, program, and goals and include the following:
- photographs of the existing site and surrounding area
- vicinity map of the project area
- site plans showing existing conditions and proposed work
- landscape plan with topographic contour lines
- complete floor plans, elevations, and roof plan showing existing conditions
- complete floor plans, elevations, and roof plan showing proposed work
- rendered perspectives and/or three-dimensional massing model drawings, as appropriate
- A digital presentation file or set of presentation boards that includes, but is not limited to, the graphic information provided in the project booklet, for presentation in the Commission of Fine Arts meeting.
- Physical scale models or massing models, as appropriate, especially for complex building forms or sites, for presentation in the Commission of Fine Arts meeting. Photographs of the models should be included in the project booklet.
- Exterior material samples if available.