A complete final review submission includes:
- A letter requesting CFA review, signed by the authorized representative of the government agency responsible for the project and on the letterhead of that agency, addressed to the Secretary, U.S. Commission of Fine Arts, 401 F Street, NW, Suite 312, Washington, DC 20001.
A project booklet (10 copies, 11x17 inch or 8 1/2x11 inch format) for distribution to the members of the Commission in advance of the meeting. The booklet should describe the project scope, program, and goals and include the following:
- photographs of the existing site and surrounding area
- vicinity map of the project area
- site plans showing existing conditions and proposed work
- landscape plan with topographic contour lines and plant material list
- complete floor plans, elevations, and roof plan showing existing conditions
- complete floor plans, elevations, and roof plan showing proposed work
- construction details
- rendered perspectives and/or three-dimensional massing model drawings, as appropriate
- A digital presentation file or set of presentation boards that includes, but is not limited to, the graphic information provided in the project booklet, for presentation in the Commission of Fine Arts meeting.
- Physical scale models or massing models, as appropriate, especially for complex building forms or sites, for presentation in the Commission of Fine Arts meeting. Photographs of the models should be included in the project booklet.
- Samples of all exterior materials and finishes.
- Construction documents set, including all construction drawings, details, and specification documents. This set can be half-size and will be retained for the CFA file.
In addition, for government projects that require a D.C. construction permit, CFA staff must review and sign the permit documents submitted to DCRA in order to ascertain their compliance with the CFA review and recommendations. Either at the time of the submission for CFA final review, or following CFA final approval, applicants must forward:
- A printed copy of the completed 9-page Construction Permit Application (available at the DCRA Permit Service Center).
- All full-size sets of permit drawings and specifications, as submitted to DCRA.