Benjamin Wistar Morris III, FAIA, studied architecture at Columbia University, with further study at the École des Beaux-Arts from 1894 to 1896. He joined the New York architecture firm of Carrère & Hastings until he founded his own firm, Morris, Butler & Rodman in 1900. The firm would undergo several name changes until 1915, when it became Morris & O’Connor. Morris designed many banks and insurance company buildings as well as an annex to the J. P. Morgan Library, a dormitory at Princeton University, the Cunard Building in New York, and the interiors of the RMS Queen Mary. He was a member of the American Academy of Arts and Letters and was affiliated with the Beaux-Arts Institute of Design, the Beaux-Arts Society of Architects, the Architectural League of New York, and the New York City Art Commission. He received a gold medal from the Architectural League of New York in 1918 and an honorary 24 degree from Trinity College in 1906. Morris’s architectural drawings from 1893 to 1936 are housed at Avery Library, Columbia University.
CFA Service: 1927–1931; Vice Chairman 1931