Murals by the painter Henry Siddons Mowbray were often commissioned as decoration in the homes of the wealthy, including those of F. W. Vanderbilt, J. P. Morgan, C. P. Huntington, and Larz Anderson. His works also were found in the Appellate Courthouse, University Club Library, and Morgan Library in New York City as well as the U.S. Federal Court building in Cleveland, Ohio. Mowbray attended the U.S. Military Academy in the mid-1870s but soon after turned to art, studying painting in the Bonnat Studio in Paris. Mowbray received the Clark Prize in 1888, and he opened his own studio in New York City. He served as a director of the American Academy in Rome in 1903 and was a member of the National Academy. His papers are at the Smithsonian Archives of American Art.
CFA Service: 1921–1928