The architect L. Andrew Reinhard, FAIA, formed Reinhard & Hofmeister with Henry Hofmeister in 1928. After studying at the Mechanics Institute, the Beaux-Arts Institute of Design, and Columbia University, Reinhard worked for a time with architects Benjamin Morris and Raymond Hood; he also worked for the developer John R. Todd in New York City prior to forming his firm with Hofmeister. Through their acquaintance with Todd, Reinhard and Hofmeister became involved as designers for Rockefeller Center. The firm also designed the Chrysler Building East, the John F. Kennedy Airport Federal Building, the Chase Manhattan Bank buildings, and buildings at Columbia University as well as numerous office interiors. After World War II, the firm designed the Ardennes American Cemetery and Memorial in Belgium for the American Battle Monuments Commission. Reinhard was a member of the Architectural League of New York, the Municipal Art Society, and the Bronxville Zoning Board, and was the recipient of the International Exposition Paris Grande Prix (1937) and an Architectural League Gold Medal.
CFA Service: 1945–1950