Linton Rayburn Wilson received both an undergraduate degree (1925) and a master’s degree in fine arts (1928) from Princeton University. He was employed by the architecture firm Voorhees, Walker, Foley & Smith in New York (1928–40) where he worked on projects in Scandinavia and on the 1939 World’s Fair. He designed the Swedish classroom in the National Rooms of the University of Pittsburgh’s Cathedral of Learning, dedicated in 1938. He joined the navy in 1941 and remained in the service until 1954. On the recommendation of future CFA member Ralph Walker, Wilson was hired as secretary of the commission; he remained in the position until his retirement in 1964.
CFA Service: 1954–1964