Louis Adolphe Simon, FAIA, studied architecture at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and joined the Office of the Supervising Architect of the Treasury in Washington, D.C., in 1896. He became chief of the office's engineering and drafting division in 1915, where he assumed responsibility for all architectural work and led the designs of hundreds of federal buildings across the U.S. Beginning in 1933 he served as supervising architect of the Public Buildings Administration, where he oversaw development of the Federal Triangle and served on the Board of Architectural Consultants; he retired from his position in 1941 but continued as an architectural consultant until 1944. He designed the Franklin D. Roosevelt Library in Hyde Park, New York, with strong influence from the president. He was named the first gold medalist of the Association of Federal Architects in 1938 and served on the American Institute of Architects committee overseeing restoration of the Octagon House.
OGB Service: 1955–1957