After completing his undergraduate degree and additional studies in engineering at Harvard University, William Peirce Anderson studied architecture at the École des Beaux-Arts, earning a diploma in 1899. Anderson joined the Chicago architectural firm of Daniel H. Burnham & Co. in 1912 and remained with the successor firms, Graham, Anderson & Co. and Graham, Anderson, Probst & White, throughout his career. Anderson was involved in the development of city plans for Manila and Baguio in the Philippines. His firm’s notable architectural projects include the Equitable Building in New York and the Wrigley Building in Chicago. Anderson was a member of the Architectural League and the National Sculptors Society. His papers are located in the Ryerson and Burnham Archives at the Art Institute of Chicago.
CFA Service: 1912–1916