Peter J. Vercelli, AIA, earned a degree in architecture from the University of London and a master of architecture in urban design from Harvard University before working in London for Heysham & Partners from 1949 to 1954 on the restoration of historic buildings and monuments damaged during World War II. He moved to the United States and worked briefly for The Architects Collaborative in Cambridge, Massachusetts, before becoming an assistant professor at the Yale University School of Architecture in 1958. In 1969 he was the founding principal of the International Consortium of Architects (ICON) in Washington, D.C., and established a solo practice in 1982 in Washington, D.C., and relocated in 1989 to Connecticut, where he continues to practice. His notable buildings in Washington include the Flour Mill redevelopment on the Georgetown waterfront and 1911 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, for the Embassy of Mexico.
OGB Service: 1982–1989