Theodore Roszak was a sculptor and painter whose work is in the collection of the Whitney Museum, Museum of Modern Art, Hirshhorn Museum, Art Institute of Chicago, Tate Modern in London, and many others. His early work reflected the influence of the Constructivist movement; his pieces after World War II were considered to be more expressionistic. In the 1920s he studied art at the Art Institute of Chicago and the National Academy of Design and philosophy at Columbia University. He established a studio in New York City in 1932 and worked as an artist for the Works Progress Administration during the Great Depression. He had a long career as an art teacher beginning at the Art Institute of Chicago in the late 1920s, later teaching at Sarah Lawrence College from 1941 to 1956, and at Columbia University from 1970 to 1973. He was affiliated with the Skowhegan School of Painting and Sculpture, the National Institute of Arts and Letters, the American Academy in Rome, and the National Academy of Design, and was the recipient of the Art Institute of Chicago Eisendrath Award (1934), the Logan Medal of Arts (1930), and a Tiffany Foundation Fellowship (1931).