Theodore Anton Sande, PhD, AIA, earned a bachelor of science in architecture at the Rhode Island School of Design, a master of architecture at Yale University, and a doctoral degree from the University of Pennsylvania. After military service in the U.S. Navy from 1956 to 1960, he worked in the Rhode Island architectural firm Turoff Associates, where he became a partner in 1968. He established his own consulting practice in architecture in 1970 and joined the staff of the National Trust for Historic Preservation in 1975, where he served in various positions, including director of professional services, director of planning and development, and vice president. In 1981 he became the executive director of the Western Reserve Historical Society in Cleveland, Ohio. The author of several books and articles on historic preservation and industrial archeology, he was the founder and first president of the Society for Industrial Archaeology.
OGB Service: 1979–1981