The Boston architect William Graves Perry, FAIA, formed the partnership Perry, Shaw & Hepburn in 1919 following several years in solo practice and two years with the architecture firm Shepley, Rutan & Coolidge. Perry designed Roxbury Latin School in Boston; several buildings at Harvard University, Radcliffe College, and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT); the student union at Williams College; and the American ambassador’s residence in London. His firm carried out the restoration and reconstruction of Colonial Williamsburg for the foundation created by John D. Rockefeller Jr. and was involved in architectural studies for the redevelopment of Lafayette Square in the 1950s. Perry was a trustee of Colonial Williamsburg and a member of the Massachusetts Building Congress, and the National Academy of Design. Perry earned a bachelor’s degree from Harvard University in 1905 and a bachelor’s degree in science from MIT in 1907; he received a Rotch Traveling Scholarship and studied at the École des Beaux-Arts, where he earned a diploma in 1913. He was an instructor at Harvard from 1915 to1916. He received the Elise Willing Bach medal from the Colonial Dames of America in 1933. Colonial Williamsburg has a collection of Perry’s papers dating from 1930 to 1940.
CFA Service: 1955–1963