Wynant Davis Vanderpool Jr., AIA, earned a bachelor of arts and master of fine arts in architecture from Princeton University and served during World War II in the U. S. Navy. He worked for Skidmore, Owings & Merrill and other firms in New York before establishing his own firm in the New York City area in 1947. He joined the firm of Washington, D.C., architect Avery Faulkner in 1964 and worked in partnership with him from 1967 to 1982, when he reestablished his solo practice. He designed many restoration projects in Washington, including St. John's Episcopal Church in Lafayette Square and the Victorian Hall of the National Portrait Gallery; he served as president of the Foundation for the Preservation of Historic Georgetown.
OGB Service: 1969–1979