The purpose of the U.S. Commission of Fine Arts (CFA) blog is to be an open forum to share news and information regarding activities, issues, and projects under the Commission’s purview. We encourage comments and discussions on this blog, and the goal of staff responses is to answer or clarify posts and to make sure the conversation stays productive.
Moderation: CFA staff will review all comments to ensure compliance with the policies below prior to publishing them to the blog. Staff is not obligated to respond to comments. However, at CFA’s discretion, staff may respond to comments in order to clarify factual information or add value to the conversation. When staff respond to comments, they will clearly identify themselves. Comment moderation and staff responses will only occur during business hours. Moderation and responses may take up to 24-48 hours.
Topics: CFA reserves the right to not publish any comment that:
- Includes personally identifiable information such as phone numbers, email addresses, Social Security numbers, or any other information that would violate a person’s right to privacy
- Degrades others on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, or other classification
- Is predatory, hateful, or intended to intimidate or harass, or contains derogatory name-calling or ad hominem attacks
- Violates the law or suggests and encourages illegal activity
- Infringes upon or violates the copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property rights of any person or entity
- Contains solicitations or commercial promotions of any kind
- Is spam, is unrelated to the topic of the blog post, or contains otherwise objectionable content.
- Addresses primarily procedural issues related to a specific case submitted for CFA review
CFA staff will not edit comments to adhere to this policy. They will not be published.
Privacy: Please remember that all posted information will be available to the general public. A user name, which you fill in when submitting a comment, will be displayed alongside your comment. However, the email address you use to submit a comment to the CFA blog will not be publicly displayed and is used only for confirmation of your comment submission. All comments and submitted information, including email addresses, may be released if requested under the Freedom of Information Act. All comments, posted or not, will be archived by CFA for record.
Other Inquiries: If you have a question requiring immediate attention, please contact CFA staff directly at (202) 504-2200 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Certain other questions and inquiries are also best addressed to CFA staff directly rather than through the blog (see below). Commenting does not constitute legal or official notice.
- Contact us: (202) 504-2200 or email@example.com
- Press/media inquiries: Thomas Luebke, (202) 504-2200 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Questions regarding specific cases: (202) 504-2200 or email@example.com
- Complaints or procedural questions: Frederick Lindstrom, (202) 504-2200 or firstname.lastname@example.org
This policy may be updated or amended at any time.