A complete permit review submission includes:
- Application and Referral to the U.S. Commission of Fine Arts for Old Georgetown Review (available at the DCRA Permit Service Center): a D.C.-required form for the provision of basic project information and applicant contact information. Information must be complete and legible. The applicants for whom complete contact information is provided will receive copies of the OGB/CFA recommendation upon completion of the review.
- Construction Permit Application (available at the DCRA Permit Service Center): a 9-page form to apply for a construction permit. Applicants must include a printed copy of this form with the submission package or, if applying through the DCRA ProjectDox system, the DCRA-generated permit cover sheet. Information must be complete and legible.
- Comprehensive photographs of the property (one set), including the area of proposed work, views from the street and the public alley (if applicable), and contextual photos with adjacent structures clearly identified. Photos can be of any legible size and format. If photos for the project were previously provided with a concept submission to OGB/CFA, no additional photos are required unless requested by OGB staff.
- Construction Drawings: complete, accurate, legible, and scaled drawings with a graphic scale on each sheet (two sets). It is essential that notes and dimensions be accurate and legible. Required drawings include, but are not limited to:
- site plan, indicating footprint of adjacent or neighboring structures, significant features, fence lines, major trees or plantings, and property lines
- complete floor plans and elevations showing existing conditions
- complete floor plans and elevations showing proposed work
- section drawings, contour plans, and landscape plans
- construction details, including walls, roof, windows, and doors
- drawings of full building facades indicating any awnings and signs, with construction details (if applicable)
- drawings indicating location, height, and style of any fences, with construction details (if applicable)
- drawings of full building facades indicating any exterior mechanical equipment (if applicable)
- samples of all exterior materials (may be delivered directly to the CFA office)
- three-dimensional renderings may be included but are not required
- physical models may be included but are not required (may be delivered directly to the CFA office)
After the submission is received from DCRA and evaluated by OGB staff, the applicant must forward six complete sets of all submitted materials in an 11x17 inch format to OGB staff. These copies will be distributed to the Board members in preparation for the meeting.